The iconic fashion figure and her teenager sit down to chat about their careers and how they mimic each other
While Kaia Gerber follows in model mom Cindy Crawford's footsteps, it's Cindy's turn to catch up with the teenage beauty.
In a new series for Teen Vogue, the catwalk mother-daughter duo sat down for an interview, except Cindy was the one asking the questions of the fashionable 14-year-old.
"You're so much more confident than I was! I didn't start modeling until I was nearly 17," the iconic supermodel told her only daughter. "You have a sense of what feels right for you. I don't worry about you staying true to yourself."
However, the teenager has had quite the role model to look up to. "I've watched you be nothing but kind to everyone on set, from the photographer to the caterer," Kaia told Cindy. "I'm excited you understand what I've done most of my life. I look back and appreciate it all—traveling, connecting with people through photography. You're having fun but also learning that it's hard work!" the 50-year-old stunner replied.
- Kaia Gerber Opens Up About Her Acting Debut
- Celebrate National Relaxation Day with these celebrity self-care tips
- Halle Berry turns 50: a look back through the age-defying star's life
- Kendall Jenner Photographs Cindy Crawford's Daughter Kaia Gerber
- Watch Uzo Aduba Give Advice to Her 18-Year-Old Self
- Natasha Oakley slams “uninspiring”, “negative” body shaming
- 'A 12-inch album cover was like a portal into a world:' k.d. lang reflects on her career
- Cindy Crawford reprises her iconic Pepsi ad
- Reader of the Week: Leah Rachel von Essen
- Book-loving stars on Instagram: They're the new Oprah
You might also like
- South Sudan rejects proposal for more UN peacekeeping troops
- North and South Korean gymnasts' Olympic selfie captures 'great gesture'
- The other side of Rio: City of God struggles in shadow of Olympic Games
- Brazil moves closer to impeaching suspended president Dilma Rousseff
- Watch: A public policy lens on the hacker conferences
- If 'all women can shine' in Japan, can they do so on the imperial throne?
- Why did Iran put nuclear scientist Shahram Amiri to death?
- In second official visit, what does Turkey want from Russia?
- Crisis solved? Why more refugees are arriving in Europe this year
- China and South Korea trade barbs over US missile-defense system
- Leslie Jones defies trolls, tweets her way to Olympic invite
- In aftermath of the DNC hack, experts warn of new front in digital warfare
- Powerful South Carolina political consultant implicated in indictments of a veteran state senator
- Will Donald Trump get a second Supreme Court nomination?
- "Hazing" rituals await Supreme Court's "junior justice" Neil Gorsuch
- The hunt is on for Planet Nine. Here's how to join it
- Trump approves controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline
- Trump praises 'Fox & Friends,' renews old feuds in early morning tweets
- Rex Tillerson finally answers question from NBC News' Andrea Mitchell
- First Read's Morning Clips: The Latest in the Russia Investigation
- Spicer: 'I've let the president down'
- Russian President Vladimir Putin met with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday
- OMB Diriector Mick Mulvaney: Washington's 'a lot more broken' than Trump thought
- Trump attacks conservatives over failure of health care bill
- A very consequential week didn't go well for President Trump
- Health Care Showdown: Republicans look to go big or go home
- No deal on health care bill after conservatives meet with Trump
- CA gov on those supporting health bill: 'Their name is going to be mud'
- Give it to me straight, doc: Is Obamacare dying?
- First Read's Morning Clips: Waiting for CBO
- 14 People Share What's It's Really Like to Have An Ex Who Is Now Their In-Law
- The Internet Is Freaking Out About The Way This Chef Cuts Pizza
- Angels manager Mike Scioscia rethinks the use of his closer in tight games
- Chemistry onstage makes Faith Hill and Tim McGraw a top tour
- I’m Taking A Break From Social Activism And OMG I Need Like Everyone I Know To Read About This
- 5 'Fate Of The Furious' Moments So Unnecessary, They're Necessary
- Noah Cyrus Reveals Her Next Tattoo & Dishes On Her Famous Family
- The Lonely Island Tell The Story Of How 'Dear Sister' Came To 'SNL'
- 'Marketplace' is America's most popular business show. Now it has ambitious plans to expand
- United fiasco shows airlines' power over passengers — and how it might change
- 'I really did it for my daughters': L.A. radio host Wendy Walsh on why she spoke out against Bill O'Reilly
- Trump backs Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, but advertisers keep fleeing
- IFC swings for the comedy fences with Funny or Die's 'Brockmire'
- MGM to spend $1 billion for full control of the Epix movie service
- YouTube TV launches today. It has some cool features and some big drawbacks
- 'Boss Baby' to sack 'Smurfs,' and other box office predictions
- Meet the new faces aboard 'Mystery Science Theater 3000's' Satellite of Love
- Werner Herzog wouldn't live anyplace other than Los Angeles, 'the city with the most substance'
- 'A blemish on America': The arts world reacts to proposed cuts in Trump's budget
- Brian Grazer and Ron Howard's Imagine Entertainment is getting into the booming, competitive animation business
- Fox News faces another sexual harassment claim as Mercedes and Hyundai pull ads from 'O'Reilly Factor'
- Roman Polanski is denied latest bid to resolve 40-year-old statutory rape case