A national tour of the groundbreaking Broadway musical “Fun Home” will be led by some theater veterans and a former beauty queen.
NEW YORK — A national tour of the groundbreaking Broadway musical “Fun Home” will be led by some theater veterans and a former beauty queen.
Kate Shindle, the president of the Actors’ Equity Association and 1998 Miss America winner, will play the grown-up Allison, alongside Robert Petkoff as Bruce and Susan Moniz as Helen.
The tour kicks off in Cleveland in October and then stops in Durham, North Carolina; Chicago; St. Louis; and Detroit before ending the year in Minneapolis. It starts 2017 in Las Vegas and then heads to Denver; San Francisco; Los Angeles; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Washington, D.C., among other stops.
The 2015 Tony-winning show is based on Alison Bechdel’s graphic novel memoir about growing up with a closeted dad in the family’s funeral home business.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- What summer in the city looked like, in 12 photos
- Teach for Canada 'opens the door to privatization', teachers' union says
- Defending Paralympic basketball gold won't be easy for Canada
- Three more names picked for new P3 schools in Regina
- P.E.I.'s Dave Moses is trying to trick you into watching TV
- Wrong turns: Drivers around LeBreton Flats need to follow new traffic rules
- 'Nothing left to save' at Young Ave mansion
- Parker Street food bank hands out backpacks to more than 1,000 students
- Dartmouth museum remains 95% unseen as staff restart search for new home
- Changes proposed for St. John's ward boundaries
- Mayor to ride subway car without air conditioning after accepting Twitter challenge
- Winnipeggers weave stars for global anti-violence art project
You might also like
- Amy Schumer’s new book has hilarious moments, but it’s dark, too
- India now has nearly 400 fast-track courts for rape cases. But ‘fast’ is a relative term.
- Stars support vets through #22PushupChallenge
- Seth Rogen is actually great at Tinder
- Anna Camp and Skylar Astin throw cutest bachelor/bachelorette parties
- Eva Longoria's first clothing line hits The Limited today
- 'Real Housewives': Kelly Dodd lashes out, calls Shannon Beador 'despicable'
- The New York City Imam, His Murderer, and One Question: Why?
- Trump Cribs War Plan from ISIS ‘Founder’
- Like Donald Trump? You’ll Love the Illuminati.
- Black Milwaukee Isn’t Rallying Behind a Criminal, It’s Protesting a City That Treats It Like One
- Hillary Clinton Needs to Step Up and Get Ahead of Her Family Foundation ‘Scandal’
- Powerful South Carolina political consultant implicated in indictments of a veteran state senator
- Will Donald Trump get a second Supreme Court nomination?
- "Hazing" rituals await Supreme Court's "junior justice" Neil Gorsuch
- The hunt is on for Planet Nine. Here's how to join it
- Trump approves controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline
- Trump praises 'Fox & Friends,' renews old feuds in early morning tweets
- Rex Tillerson finally answers question from NBC News' Andrea Mitchell
- First Read's Morning Clips: The Latest in the Russia Investigation
- Spicer: 'I've let the president down'
- Russian President Vladimir Putin met with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday
- OMB Diriector Mick Mulvaney: Washington's 'a lot more broken' than Trump thought
- Trump attacks conservatives over failure of health care bill
- A very consequential week didn't go well for President Trump
- Health Care Showdown: Republicans look to go big or go home
- No deal on health care bill after conservatives meet with Trump
- CA gov on those supporting health bill: 'Their name is going to be mud'
- Give it to me straight, doc: Is Obamacare dying?
- First Read's Morning Clips: Waiting for CBO
- 14 People Share What's It's Really Like to Have An Ex Who Is Now Their In-Law
- The Internet Is Freaking Out About The Way This Chef Cuts Pizza
- Angels manager Mike Scioscia rethinks the use of his closer in tight games
- Chemistry onstage makes Faith Hill and Tim McGraw a top tour
- I’m Taking A Break From Social Activism And OMG I Need Like Everyone I Know To Read About This
- 5 'Fate Of The Furious' Moments So Unnecessary, They're Necessary
- Noah Cyrus Reveals Her Next Tattoo & Dishes On Her Famous Family
- The Lonely Island Tell The Story Of How 'Dear Sister' Came To 'SNL'
- 'Marketplace' is America's most popular business show. Now it has ambitious plans to expand
- United fiasco shows airlines' power over passengers — and how it might change
- 'I really did it for my daughters': L.A. radio host Wendy Walsh on why she spoke out against Bill O'Reilly
- Trump backs Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, but advertisers keep fleeing
- IFC swings for the comedy fences with Funny or Die's 'Brockmire'
- MGM to spend $1 billion for full control of the Epix movie service
- YouTube TV launches today. It has some cool features and some big drawbacks
- 'Boss Baby' to sack 'Smurfs,' and other box office predictions
- Meet the new faces aboard 'Mystery Science Theater 3000's' Satellite of Love
- Werner Herzog wouldn't live anyplace other than Los Angeles, 'the city with the most substance'
- 'A blemish on America': The arts world reacts to proposed cuts in Trump's budget
- Brian Grazer and Ron Howard's Imagine Entertainment is getting into the booming, competitive animation business
- Fox News faces another sexual harassment claim as Mercedes and Hyundai pull ads from 'O'Reilly Factor'
- Roman Polanski is denied latest bid to resolve 40-year-old statutory rape case