The 'This Is Us' star wants us to move on ... maybe.
With the news that even more “Gilmore Girls” episodes might be coming to Netflix, fans are freaking out. But not everyone would be as thrilled to return to Stars Hollow.
During a recent appearance on Build Series, Milo Ventimiglia, who plays Jess Mariano on the beloved series, told The Huffington Post that, although he loves the “Gilmore” world and executive producers Amy Sherman-Palladino and Dan Palladino, he’s ready to tell new stories. When asked if they’ll be more episodes of the show after it left us pondering its four final words, Ventimiglia said, “I don’t know. I had dinner with Dan and Amy this week and, funny, we actually didn’t talk about ‘Gilmore’ at all.”
When pressed further, he admitted:
“If you think about it, I was 24 when I signed on to the show, so that’s, like, 16 years ago. As an actor, you constantly want to evolve. I don’t know if you guys notice, but every [role] that I play, I change my appearance. I changed my appearance every decade on ‘This Is Us.’ But I’m constantly trying to evolve and grow and I think when you have a show that is so far in the past, like over a decade in the past, to visit it once, hey, it’s a blast ― you see some old friends, jump into the shoes and the leather jacket of an old character. But then, you’re like, ‘OK, cool. We gave you that last slice of pie. I’m going to go back to this other show I have called “This Is Us” and the other gigs that I’m working on.’ So, as much as I would love for audiences to have more, it’s also like, guys, just accept what you got and that you got a little bit more, which is awesome. Not everybody gets that.”
As for the theory that (SPOILER ALERT!) Rory Gilmore’s unborn child is Jess’, Ventimiglia stated, “No, it is not Jess’ baby. I feel like everybody’s like, ‘But what if he came out with a pompadour, leather jacket and a smart brain?!’”
“It was fun, it was great. I mean, I felt like that was the show that raised me,” he added of returning for “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.” “When I got the phone call from Amy and Dan, saying, ‘Hey, we’re coming back!’ I said, ‘Yeah, great, I’ll be there.’ I’m always going to be there for them because they really, really, really get behind the work that they put out into the world. Like, that ‘Gilmore’ world? Those producers care and love all the fans who love that show so much. They do it for the work, they do it for the creativity, they don’t do it for any other reason. So to be asked to be a part of it, I was like, ‘Of course I’ll show up.’”
Here’s hoping that if “Gilmore” returns for more on Netflix, Milo will be on board once again ― because, c’mon, #RoryAndJessForever.
Watch Milo Ventimiglia’s full Build Series interview below.
- 'Game Of Thrones' Concert Might Have A Secret Bran Connection
- Hawaii Becomes First State To Sue Over New Muslim Travel Ban
- Saying Goodbye To 'The Vampire Diaries'
- Milo Ventimiglia Advises You To Get The Tissues Ready For The 'This Is Us' Finale
- What 1970s Counterculture Can Teach Us About Resistance Today
- Picking Paramount's chief: Viacom and talent wars in the digital age
- What does a clumsy, 'beautiful woman servant' have to do with selling a $2.15M penthouse?
- 'Can't get any better than this': 86-year-old Paul Soles nabs best actor at Screen Awards
- Exaggerating to make a point? Resolute says Greenpeace court filings bolster its case
- Hockey artifacts on display at Canadian Museum of History
- Self-serve: Dad delivers son in gas station parking lot
- Trudeau's mediocre cabinet a result of choosing diversity over competence: Kevin O'Leary
You might also like
- Trump Didn't Start The Anti-Iranian Fire
- 'Game Of Thrones' Season 7 Teaser Might Reveal An Upsetting Secret
- 'Holy S**t,' Your 'Game Of Thrones' Theories Are Probably Right
- Saying Goodbye To 'The Vampire Diaries'
- New York Looks To Teens In Effort To Prevent Domestic Violence
- 5 Common Shampoo Myths Debunked
- 5 Mistakes You're Making When You Air-Dry Your Hair
- This D.C. Restaurant Just Sued Trump And His Hotel For Unfair Competition
- How To Share Your Political Views On Social Media Without Losing Your Job
- Call It What It Is: Climate Cover-Up, Not Climate Denial
- Trump Officials Credit Him For Fewer Border Crossings. It's Not That Simple.
- Trump's Muslim Ban Is Still All About Muslims
- Powerful South Carolina political consultant implicated in indictments of a veteran state senator
- Will Donald Trump get a second Supreme Court nomination?
- "Hazing" rituals await Supreme Court's "junior justice" Neil Gorsuch
- The hunt is on for Planet Nine. Here's how to join it
- Trump approves controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline
- Trump praises 'Fox & Friends,' renews old feuds in early morning tweets
- Rex Tillerson finally answers question from NBC News' Andrea Mitchell
- First Read's Morning Clips: The Latest in the Russia Investigation
- Spicer: 'I've let the president down'
- Russian President Vladimir Putin met with U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday
- OMB Diriector Mick Mulvaney: Washington's 'a lot more broken' than Trump thought
- Trump attacks conservatives over failure of health care bill
- A very consequential week didn't go well for President Trump
- Health Care Showdown: Republicans look to go big or go home
- No deal on health care bill after conservatives meet with Trump
- CA gov on those supporting health bill: 'Their name is going to be mud'
- Give it to me straight, doc: Is Obamacare dying?
- First Read's Morning Clips: Waiting for CBO
- 14 People Share What's It's Really Like to Have An Ex Who Is Now Their In-Law
- The Internet Is Freaking Out About The Way This Chef Cuts Pizza
- Angels manager Mike Scioscia rethinks the use of his closer in tight games
- Chemistry onstage makes Faith Hill and Tim McGraw a top tour
- I’m Taking A Break From Social Activism And OMG I Need Like Everyone I Know To Read About This
- 5 'Fate Of The Furious' Moments So Unnecessary, They're Necessary
- Noah Cyrus Reveals Her Next Tattoo & Dishes On Her Famous Family
- The Lonely Island Tell The Story Of How 'Dear Sister' Came To 'SNL'
- 'Marketplace' is America's most popular business show. Now it has ambitious plans to expand
- United fiasco shows airlines' power over passengers — and how it might change
- 'I really did it for my daughters': L.A. radio host Wendy Walsh on why she spoke out against Bill O'Reilly
- Trump backs Fox News host Bill O'Reilly, but advertisers keep fleeing
- IFC swings for the comedy fences with Funny or Die's 'Brockmire'
- MGM to spend $1 billion for full control of the Epix movie service
- YouTube TV launches today. It has some cool features and some big drawbacks
- 'Boss Baby' to sack 'Smurfs,' and other box office predictions
- Meet the new faces aboard 'Mystery Science Theater 3000's' Satellite of Love
- Werner Herzog wouldn't live anyplace other than Los Angeles, 'the city with the most substance'
- 'A blemish on America': The arts world reacts to proposed cuts in Trump's budget
- Brian Grazer and Ron Howard's Imagine Entertainment is getting into the booming, competitive animation business
- Fox News faces another sexual harassment claim as Mercedes and Hyundai pull ads from 'O'Reilly Factor'
- Roman Polanski is denied latest bid to resolve 40-year-old statutory rape case